Sunday, May 15, 2011

My First Post


I’m Jeo and my favorite part of English class this year was A Raisin in the Sun because I felt like it was a really easy play to read.  Also, all of the symbols and themes made it very easy to understand the play.  This also helped out when it came to doing our research paper because it was easy to compare the struggles of the family to what I found from my sources. An easy A.

            Henrik Ibsen was considered one of “the four great ones” of the 19th century Norwegian literature.  Ibsen would always dream of becoming an artist when he grew up especially because his mother was an avid painter and loved the theatre.  He went to and irregular school for university candidates and wrote two plays that same year.  He wrote a Doll’s house in 1879.  I believe that A Doll’s House is about a woman who gets married with someone that she shouldn’t be married too.  She realizes this and goes through pain in this marriage knowing she should be married to someone else. This relates to Ibsen because he sort of went through the same thing when the girl he likes married someone else.

http://kirjasto.sci.fi/ibsen.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment